Monday 9 January 2012

New Beginnings, New ideas

Happy New Year! With a new year comes new ideas and lots of resolutions. One of ours is to blog more often. A lot more often. So, we have committed to each post once a week about our current interests.


IMG_1557I'm (Lily) really into making postcards from old library catalogue index cards (see picture) and sending them around the world via Postcrossing.com. I've created an album in our Flickr account to show you how they look.


http://flic.kr/s/aHsjxX6xaR


My plan is to create, mail and share one postcard every week, although I got excited and had time today to send off two in the mail!


Brad is remaining elusive about what he is working on, so will share more details later in the week.


Hopefully we can sustain this for the next 52 weeks.


Lily & Brad



3 comments:

  1. it would be wonderful to get one of your index cards! but how do you make them? i also plan to make a card that's strong enough to mail.
    http://themovabletype.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been collecting the index cards from old books at the library where I work. Since the books have been catalogued digitally for many years now they can be hard to find, so this might be a short lived project! I have found that so long as I seal the finished cards well with paper varnish (I use an acid free water-based sealer) they become quite sturdy despite their small size (2"x5") and so far all have reached their destinations (I was worried that they might get lost in the mail). Hope this helps and it would be great to see your postcards too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went to the library and saw your books. Absolutely loved them. You are a "patient folder."

    ReplyDelete